Dear LSSN Time Banking Community,
LSSN is a non-profit organization in Eugene, OR, and the LSSN Board has recently met for 2022. We are excited to keep the time bank available to all of you!
A brief update…
The time bank currently has 63 members, with 403 exchanges - which totals 1,092.75 hours you have all shared with each other! Our expenses for Fiscal Year 2021 were $360 (for the website, time bank software, state fees, etc.). LSSN operates through the work of volunteers. All volunteers are compensated with time bank hours, and expenses are paid through donations.
We have ongoing expenses of approximately $400 for next year. If everyone is willing to donate $6-10, these costs will be covered. Click here to make a donation online.
There are multiple volunteer opportunities for keeping the time bank running. Everyone who volunteers and participates is compensated with time bank hours. Check out the list below!
Would you like to become involved?
Email us at info@LSSNtimebank.org
- Opportunities for Connecting
- Technical and Legal Opportunities
- Networking Opportunities
Opportunities for Connecting…
- We have members who have applied, but are not yet able to engage in exchanges because there aren’t enough volunteers to run orientations. Would you like to provide a short orientation for new members, either in person or online? Training is provided, and all time you put towards this is compensated with time bank hours. If you’re one of the people who still need to go through an orientation please let us know! You can use the email address at the bottom of this message.
- Making exchanges is much easier when we know each other, at least a little bit, which provides an opportunity for folks to arrange gatherings. Because developing relationships among members is integral to the success of the time bank, everyone who participates in these events receives time bank hours - both for arranging a gathering, and for attending. Below are a couple ideas, you likely have more of your own…
- Are you planning on attending a local event (ex. First Friday Artwalk)? Are you open to others joining you? If so, post the event on the LSSN calendar as an open event with information about where and when to meet (assistance available for posting online). You receive time bank hours for “hosting” an event, and everyone who joins you at the event receives hours for attending.
- Are there activities you enjoy doing? Are you open to having others in the LSSN community join you, whether in person, within the community, or online? (For example, going for a hike, playing games, talking over coffee, discussing a book, doing yoga, doing various crafts, etc.) If so, post the event on the LSSN calendar as an open event with information about where and when to meet. You receive time bank hours for hosting, and everyone who joins you receives hours for attending.
- Check the LSSN calendar and attend events that look interesting to you. You receive time bank hours for participating.
- Do you enjoy match-making? Would it be fun to look through the posted requests and offers, and help match up folks so that more people get their needs met? In the business of life, it can be challenging to make time to search out on the website who is available for what. The more we all get to know each other, the easier this becomes… in the meantime, having people who focus on helping to get this going is helpful. If this sounds like something of interest to you, please let us know.
Technical & Legal Opportunities…
- Does computer stuff come easy to you? Would you enjoy providing your technical expertise? Members can use support from time to time with setting up their profile, learning to navigate the online system, and trouble-shooting challenges that can sometimes arise with tech. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in helping with, please let one of the board members know.
- Do you have accounting skills? Would you enjoy sharing this on a volunteer basis? As a non-profit, LSSN benefits from having a Treasurer. If you are interested in serving a term on the LSSN Board as Treasurer, please contact one of the board members.
- Are you detail oriented and organized? Would you enjoy sharing this skill on a volunteer basis? As a non-profit, LSSN is required to have a Secretary. If you are interested in serving a term on the LSSN Board as Secretary, please contact one of the board members.
- Are you passionate about time banking and seeing it alive and well in your community? Would you enjoy sharing this passion on a volunteer basis? As a non-profit, LSSN is required to have a President. If you are interested in serving a term on the LSSN Board as President, please contact one of the board members.
- Do you enjoy telling others about the time bank? Networking can take many forms; here are a few…
- Tabling at events: if this sounds fun to you, please contact one of the board members for materials.
- Posting your story of an exchange you participated in (this could be posted to the LSSN webpage, social media, local newspapers, etc., and could be in writing or video)
- Interviewing LSSN members and either writing or taking a short video to post on the LSSN website, social media, local newspapers, etc.
- Connecting with organizations that may wish to join the time bank as an organization, so that their members who are volunteering for them can receive time bank hours through LSSN that they can then exchange with other members
The LSSN Board
Thomas Price, Elizabeth Price, Heather Johnson